• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Vega 64 OCCT Memory crash

Associate
Hi , can anyone help or shed some light . I bought a B grade card , yep I know my fault , anyway I did not use it a great deal til now as I have had lots of time off work , so I am outside my warranty period . The card has a fault , it is memory related as games crash more while loading or saving in game . OCCT shows up a memory fault as well .
Are there any fixes or workarounds I can use to sort this intermittent problem out .
Some games are fine , the biggest culprit is Wreckfest which I love .
Cheers
Mike .
I am asking Gigabyte for a RMA etc

Man of Honour
The only thing I can think of to avoid faults is to downclock the card and/or increase voltage, but I doubt that will work if you have faulty video memory. Simple enough to try though.

Does faulty video memory cause crashes on saving? Loading makes sense (though isn't visual corruption a more common symptom?), but saving confuses me? I wouldn't have thought much in the VRAM was saved to disk, but eh, what do I know.

Associate
The only thing I can think of to avoid faults is to downclock the card and/or increase voltage, but I doubt that will work if you have faulty video memory. Simple enough to try though.

Does faulty video memory cause crashes on saving? Loading makes sense (though isn't visual corruption a more common symptom?), but saving confuses me? I wouldn't have thought much in the VRAM was saved to disk, but eh, what do I know.
I suppose when the game is autosaving progress it could be loading in a new level at the same time.

Soldato
Mmm this sounds like a b grade problem fella unfortunatley, if it fails OCCT it's got a problem. However, if failing in games as well, it's a dead duck. However, surely b grade or not, that has to be replaced, not a lot else I could offer you mate... you'#ve done what i'd do, go straight to OCCT. However, just for interest if it's still in your rig, what's it do when you leave say Heaven Benchmarkl running for 30 minutes where there is no loads/saves for example, it's just pure...

Also, possibly underclock the ram and just see what it does in OCCT, you'd be amazed that even 1mhz can fail OCCT... I've had the same with it, running memory at 1mhz more than passes, fails bigtime lol

Back
Top Bottom