Vegas hotels

Associate
Hi guys.

Planning on a little road trip and we have vegas on the map for a 2 nights stay. I have provisionally booked a couple of hotels with free cancellation. Has any one had any experience with either of these - just trying to finalise which one we should stay in!

The Sahara - I’m aware this is far north end of the strip but it has free parking and easy access to the mono rail?

The Mirage - will have to pay for parking here, it’s a little dearer but obviously more central on the strip and may be a better base for a couple of days.

Any one have any thoughts/experiences?

Cheers!

Associate
OP
I would remove the monorail out of any list of reasons to choose a hotel, it's generally a waste of space

Location wise look at as close to the junction of LVB and Flamingo as you can get

The monorail wasn't a requirement just an option with that specific hotel.

This is a last minute change to a 3 week road trip throughout CA so hotel prices are a little inflated, I will be there the second week of October so rebooking any other hotels is a little bit out of the question due to the cost (trying to keep the cost down as much as we can as this is only a 'detour' on our trip.
We will get in late evening to stay that night, spend the next day/night and then leave the following afternoon. So not a lot of time, and really we're happy with experiencing what we can whilst there. As such, we won't be spending much at the hotel we will be staying at and pools etc is'nt something we will be spending time in.

I'm not opposed to paying for parking etc, just trying to figure out what the benefits would be staying more central, and thus more moneys, vs staying a little further north and getting the monorail/uber in to the a central location for the day/night we are there. As the common thing is that everything is further away than you think, would we be relying on public transport to get around regardless?

Back
Top Bottom