Vehicle driven into people in Stockholm-Please refrain from speculative and antagonistic posts

Soldato
The Islamic State made crystal clear they were waging a holy war upon the west. Hard as such vows are to accept in 2017 it is more than apparent that it's no idle threat, so talk of "why Sweden?", or why anywhere in the west is being ridiculously head in the sand. They are doing precisely what they said they were going to do. I am afraid a lot of westerners are so used to idle threats and bull from social media aided perhaps a long period with no coherent enemy taking hostile actions against them they seem hard pressed to believe their own eyes. We are inundated with lies from politicians, advertising and social media, and I believe many are still unable to grasp these people mean what they say, have no fear of dying for their cause, and are a real and present danger throughout western countries. To say Swedes offered the hand of friendship, why do this to them is banal, naive and frankly worrying.

They think that because they are nice (themselves) that others will be nice if you are nice to them.

Nope. It's been going on for 1400 years, only reason before not a problem because other side of the world. With 100,000 terrorist supporters every year in every single country, the western world will be a pile of rubble like the ME unless something is done.

Associate
Swedish Prime Minister now says it's a terrorist attack and not an accident.

So can the thread title be changed to "Terrorist Attack in Sweden" as this would be factually correct?

You can leave the Islamic bit out until later if you like.

Soldato
The Islamic State made crystal clear they were waging a holy war upon the west. Hard as such vows are to accept in 2017 it is more than apparent that it's no idle threat, so talk of "why Sweden?", or why anywhere in the west is being ridiculously head in the sand. They are doing precisely what they said they were going to do. I am afraid a lot of westerners are so used to idle threats and bull from social media aided perhaps a long period with no coherent enemy taking hostile actions against them they seem hard pressed to believe their own eyes. We are inundated with lies from politicians, advertising and social media, and I believe many are still unable to grasp these people mean what they say, have no fear of dying for their cause, and are a real and present danger throughout western countries. To say Swedes offered the hand of friendship, why do this to them is banal, naive and frankly worrying.

I may well be all of those things however considering so few attacks have taken place and the size of Isis/extremists in general and relative ease of driving a car I am not overly concerned about this "holy war". Currently I'm much more likely to get killed in the rush hour war of 7-8am than via Isis. Selfish as that may be to worry about Isis is a waste of my time.

Associate
I think lot more people already are "radicalized" (actually, just following Quran as written and as Imams prescribe) than you think. There was a book released recently "Inside Islam" about a journalist going in some dozen+ mosques in Germany to find out what is being preached - you can guess the result.

Secularism + Islam do not mix well. Even Turkey is going full blown islamist full steam ahead.

well i hope not, for a true civil war there would have to be a lo of people wanting to fight and I just dont see that and that isn't my experience of Muslims and non Muslims in London anyway.

Associate
I may well be all of those things however considering so few attacks have taken place and the size of Isis/extremists in general and relative ease of driving a car I am not overly concerned about this "holy war". Currently I'm much more likely to get killed in the rush hour war of 7-8am than via Isis. Selfish as that may be to worry about Isis is a waste of my time.

I'm going with a breakaway Hare Krishna group.

Back
Top Bottom