VENOM: THE LAST DANCE

This is awful, the pacing and story are just a mess. The Laurel Venom and Hardy comedy double act doesn't work for me.

Also, the product placement of the pair Jordan 5 which the female doctors take's off at the start of the film, that Hardly wears towards the end was so random. They wouldn't even fit him anyway.

Last edited:
Seems to be another "the critics hate it but the fans like it" film looking at the reviews vs the RT score - 37% critics vs 79% fans

I'm not a venom fan so it's not a film I'll be going out to see TBH but they are the kind of "if its on TV then I'll watch it" sort for me.

The first 2 were OK, nothing amazing but a decent watch. I'll be off to the cinema tomorrow to watch this.

I just cannot abide this multiverse rubbish, and wish they'd just give it a rest.

Saying that, for me, it was laugh out loud in parts, not very well directed in others (where there wasn't the character development I'd have hoped for), and sad.

Fun but a missed opportunity. So disjointed, shallow and unexplained scenes that seemed to be just glossed over; could have done with an extra 30 minutes to build some depth and better sequencing. Don't bother with the second end credit scene.

Last edited:
Watched this last night and enjoyed it.

As mentioned above it could have been better with a longer run time, maybe 20-30 mins more. I quite liked the story, but it was just too much to fit into under 2 hours with all the new characters etc. Will watch it again when it hits streaming.

7/10

rp2000

Meh, 6/10 the last 1/3rd of the movie was good. The first 2/3rds seemed to hop around and drag.

Lots of plot holes and unexplained stuff, but its a venom movie so I'm not overly surprised or bothered by that.

Back
Top Bottom