version control

Associate
thanks but cannot use anything git as its public, i need to keep projects private

thanks

re: release....

how do you make a branch downloadable in sourcetree?

Well you can pay a monthly fee with Github or use BitBucket (free for upto 5) or even get a cheap Kimsufi atom server and shove Gitlab on it.

All branches by default are cloneable if that's what you mean.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I managed to figure it out using bitbucket

cheers

p.s. I dont want to pay, i will use it happily if you want to pay for it? its not a viable solution sorry

Caporegime
Hi guys,

How do you guys control versions of your application during development stage?

I cannot use github as I need my projects to remain private.

I looked into using bitbucket and sourcetree however I do not know how to release versions and there is no clear guide online.

So what do you use?

Thanks

We use Git, just host your own Git server. Very easy to setup, even I manage to do it:D

Associate
Subversion SVN on a server and then numerous clients, such as tortoise on windows explorer and subclipse within eclipse. Don't think subversion is very demanding so an old computer with a few free gigs will suffice

Pho

Pho

Soldato
There's no reason why you couldn't stick your repository in a Dropbox folder. Instant private backup, both of your local copy and your revision history.

Or if you don't want it backing up things everytime you compile set-up your repository to push to the Dropbox folder after you commit changes.

Associate
We use bitbucket and tortoise at work. Its easy enough once you get your head around branches/heads etc

As someone said, think you get 5 developer access slots for free.

Soldato
Posting to mention Fossil, a ridiculously easy to use version control program. It comes with a built in bug tracker and wiki page, which isn't to everyone's tastes, but I'm very fond of it.

None of my code is currently open source :)(), so the repository is stored on a computer at home and accessed over ssh. Worth a look, if only because it's written by the same guy who produced sqlite.

Back
Top Bottom