Vertical Lines and Monitor Flickering

Associate
Hi all,

I purchased a Samsung S32D850 32" 1440P monitor last month or the month before from OcUK.

In some games the screen will flicker a bright grey colour with vertical lines running the height of the screen. Now this happens in multiple games such as Far Cry 4, Dayz, Arma 3, WoW and The forest.

Looking into the sky I get no flickering at all. It sounds strange but it only seems to do it when you focus on grass or some form of foliage.

Things I've tried include:

Updating CCC
Installing monitor driver
Switching between DVI and display port
fiddling with monitor colour, contrast, response times etc.
Adjusting GPU clocks and voltages.

I should mention that I have a second 1080P monitor that I have used for years and had no problems prior to using this monitor.

Any ideas what the problem could be?, I'm beginning to think that perhaps the monitor is faulty.

Thanks in advance

Caporegime
If the second screen is fine in those games with this new monitor removed then that means its the monitor.

If both monitors have these grey lines, then pull the GFX card out, use the onboard and then you will find out if its the GFX card itself.

Associate
OP
It's only the new monitor that does it. The flickering stops in FarCry if i bump the resolution down to 1080p but still persists in other games at that resolution.

PayDay Lover
Associate
Did you resolve the issue or did you have to return it? I ask because my Samsung just arrived today and has the same issue - screen flickers when gaming

Back
Top Bottom