Very high performance road tyres?

Man of Honour
I suppose if it was for use in the dry I'd go for Toyo Proxes R888 semi slicks. I haven't actually used them myself but I've heard a lot of good reports on them.

Soldato
OP
FakeSnake said:
If it was dry use mainly, I would opt for the bridgestone RE070.
never have i had a tyre as good.
not surewehat they are like in the wet yet, as it has not rained too much recently.

Pants in the wet, imo. But it won't matter a jot for your car. :)

Soldato
Scuzi said:
I suppose if it was for use in the dry I'd go for Toyo Proxes R888 semi slicks. I haven't actually used them myself but I've heard a lot of good reports on them.

I was seriously considering them for my car but I think wet weather performance would be too dangerous, as Ive had my car aquaplaning in the wet with GY F1s on

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I was more than happy with my GS03 Potenza's. I'd probably go for another set as i am comfy with how they are.

Soldato
Firestar_3x said:
Would love to try some Semi Slicks, trust its instant death if it rains though?
Merely wet isn't a problem, it's standing water that's the issue as you'll just aquaplane straight over it even at low speed.

Soldato
merlin said:
If money wasn't an issue - what would you go for?

I'd have each of the major tyre manufacturers custom develop a tyre to my specifications and then begin an extensive testing process before deciding which best met my requirements.

Well you did say cost wasn't an issue :p

EDIT - changed my mind, I'd have them develop a range of tyres to suit different road conditions so I can pick and choose.

Last edited:
Associate
BillytheImpaler said:
What a shame. I can buy them at the Summit Racing outlet store and warehouse 10 minutes from my house. :D
I think I hate you now :(
I purchased a few bits from them a couple of weeks ago, and they stitched me right up on the international shipping :(

Associate
D4VE said:
What are the tyres on the M3 CSL? They're pretty mad for a road tyre.

Michelin Pilot Sport Cup, Daaaaave.

Fantastic tyre - widely regarded as the best performing of the semi-slick tyres. Ok in the wet too, just not good in puddles at speed. As with the majority of these tyres with minimal water shifting capabilities they can tend to aquaplane.

Available in all sorts of sizes too.

Back
Top Bottom