• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Very Low FPS on Sapphire R290 Tri-X :(

Permabanned
I mean for 3x cards. ;)

@ TAZOO7, Are you using the presets from the Heaven thread or default?

Last edited:
Associate
Ok I think I got this...

Benchynew_zpsfd65507b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Is it strange that my integrated graphics card is also showing up in GPU Model along with the R290 ?

Looks fine to me

Associate
So I ran Heaven again this time with the settings on the OC UK Heaven thread i.e 1920x1080, 8xAA, Quality Ultra and tessellation Extreme in full screen.

*snipped pic*

Does this look right for Sapphire R290 Tri-X at stock speeds and CPU at stock. ?

I haven't had a chance to play any games yet but will be running BF4 later on today and see how the fps goes.

My reference 290's get 1375 overall score, 25 min FPS and 55 Avg, Max 110 It's definitely a little low.

Associate
a good little tweak to do on the r9 290(x) is to unlock the fan control. Control Panel by default wont let the fan go above a certain speed to once your card hits 95oC rather than up the fan speed it down clocks the GPU.

Shouldnt be too much of an issue with the tri x but its worth a shot. I know that was what was wrong with mine

Associate
So I just tried the latest 14.7rc3 driver (beta). Here's my latest benchmark:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/137479361/Unigine_Valley_Benchmark_1.0_CCC%2014.7%20%40oc%203.8.html

So i'm glad this seems to be an OK FPS. Thanks guys for comparing. Performance doens't seem smooth though. Like maybe it's because I work as a games artist and nitpick but the flythroughs in Valley seem to suffer from 'microstutter' (probably confusing term since I only have one card but I don't know what else to call it). Maybe it's the result of poor sync/FCAT ability?

I also have a bug anytime I install the CCC drivers. It fails the HDMI Audio Driver. I gave up trying to fix it since my TV can't output 5.1 so I'm taking SPDIF straight out of my mobo. But it seems weird. Happens with all the CCC's I've tried. I always uninstall my drivers in safe mode, then run DDU and now I also run Driver Fusion. So it should be as clean an install as possible.

Back
Top Bottom