Very slow leak or something else?

Associate
My custom loop has been going for around 11 months now and in that time I've noticed that the reservoir has lost just over 1cm's worth of liquid.

Is there some degree of natural evaporation that should occur or is this simply a slow leak? I've not noticed any visable signs of a leak nor any erratic behaviour from my PC.

The loop covers the mobo, GPU, CPU and graphics card.

Associate
Could be a very slow leak, just wrap some tissue around joints and elbows and check back in few days. Leak could be very small that its not enough to drip might just evaporate.

Soldato
It's usual for your level to drop slightly over usage, especially 11 months. Did you top up a week or so after getting the system up and running and it'd had bled itself?

Associate
OP
Could be a very slow leak, just wrap some tissue around joints and elbows and check back in few days. Leak could be very small that its not enough to drip might just evaporate.

Right - So no obvious leak from the tissue test... but if it's leaking it's likely to be so slow that it's leaking/evaporating without dripping.

Did you top up a week or so after getting the system up and running and it'd had bled itself?

Yes, I did refill it after a week or so after all the initial air escaped the radiators.

You will loose fluid over time to evaporation.

I think I'm just going to ignore the issue. It's a large loop so I'm hoping that this is just normal evaporation.

Enclosed an image so you have some idea of what I'm talking about:
https://ibb.co/dF0sMv

Back
Top Bottom