VGA/DVI Cables

Soldato
I'm getting a 2nd monitor after nabbing one off the 'Bay, and it's another LG L1710S :D (same as current, VGA input only), and on my 9800 Pro the VGA port is taken up and only the DVI slot is left.

The 2nd monitor is coming with a VGA/VGA cable. As the remaining port of my GFX card is DVI is it worth getting a VGA/DVI cable so I don't have to use an adapter, or should just get an adapter for the VGA/VGA cable?

Thanks,

t3h :cool:

Soldato
Didn't the 9800 Pro come with a DVI-VGA adaptor? There's certainly no point in getting a DVI-VGA lead if such a thing exists. The adaptors work just fine and should be dirt cheap if you need to buy one.

Soldato
OP
Yeah it did, and I lost it :o

I have found a site (comptetitor) that stocks a DVI male/VGA male direct cable that would eliminate the need for any adapters to be used. I could use a adapter though yes :)

t3h :cool:

EDIT: And i'm planning to get a GFX soon that will have dual DVI out, so need to decide whether to get cables or adapters :) Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
I'd personally go with the cable, as it won't stick out the back of the pc as much. When I had a monitor hooked up with an adapter, the combined length of the cable plug+adapter made it hard to fit, as my pc is against the wall.

Back
Top Bottom