Video Editing Software?

Associate
Hello

I have just recorded a lot of footage for my friend as a birthday present (don’t ask what we did, you really don’t want to know!) I had to get a TV card so I could put the footage onto my computer which i have done successfully. The problem im having is editing it as it’s going along to the song "Benny Benassi - Satisfaction". I tried windows movie maker which just doesn’t seem to have much to it and i struggled for 30 minutes trying to make my video match the song lyrics. I also couldn’t find any groovy options in windows movie maker and I couldn’t even put a video half way in the timeline, it had to have a video from the first second!

Is their any thing u can recommend which still has the drag+drop style but u can alter to the milli second and has a lot of groovy settings to make this a cool video for my friend :)

Don’t mind paying either but obviously free would be great!

Cheers

Sam

Associate
Google free video editing

I don't know of any good free editors. If you want a decent video editing package it'll cost money. Some popular consumer software:

Adobe Premiere Elements
Pinnacle Studio
Ulead Videostudio

You can download a trial version of Premiere from the Adobe website which will work for 30 days. There are probably trial editions of Pinnacle and Ulead also.

Hope this helps.

Associate
OP
Retorted said:
Google free video editing

I don't know of any good free editors. If you want a decent video editing package it'll cost money. Some popular consumer software:

Adobe Premiere Elements
Pinnacle Studio
Ulead Videostudio

You can download a trial version of Premiere from the Adobe website which will work for 30 days. There are probably trial editions of Pinnacle and Ulead also.

Hope this helps.

Cheers I have been on Google looking for some but there are so many! Have you had first hand experience with any of the ones you mentioned?

Associate
varial said:
Cheers I have been on Google looking for some but there are so many! Have you had first hand experience with any of the ones you mentioned?
Yup, I use Premiere quite often. It's got mostly everything you need to get started in editing. I'd advise you to download the trial and see how you get on with it.

It seems Avid do a free stripped down version of their software.

Soldato
I've used Adobe Premiere in the past but found it a little too basic. Switching to Sony Vegas I can say it's a much better program

Soldato
I use Adobe Premiere and Avid, Premiere is a good program but the pros use Avid although not sure what they're free version is like but it can't be bad although the thing with Avid is that it doesn't really like importing files it prefers to capture it direct from the camera or deck.

In your case I'd use Premiere as it reads pretty much any file and is a nice program to use. You can get a free trial of it from Adobe.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all the advice guys, im slowly getting thier, im not sure the video will be as impressive as i wanted but im sure it will make him laugh!

ooo a teaser screenshot :p

test.JPG

Associate
OP
Hello again, i have another problem which i think might be a big one!

I have filmed some footage with the camera tilted on its side, but of course the video when watched is on its side also! is their any programs which can rotate a video? they are mpeg files btw.

Thanks in advance

Sam

Edit: solved, found "vitualdub" which has options to flip video. had to convert my mpegs into .avi first though as vitualdub wouldnt open them. gonna take me a while but nevermind :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
varial said:
Hello again, i have another problem which i think might be a big one!

I have filmed some footage with the camera tilted on its side, but of course the video when watched is on its side also! is their any programs which can rotate a video? they are mpeg files btw.

Thanks in advance

Sam

Edit: solved, found "vitualdub" which has options to flip video. had to convert my mpegs into .avi first though as vitualdub wouldnt open them. gonna take me a while but nevermind :)

Virtual dub mpeg2 will open mpegs fine without converting them.

Caporegime
Some people have reported problems with audio/video sync when dealing with the video, though it can no doubt be easily adjusted somehow, I suppose you could always extract the audio stream seperatley and then join them back.

Back
Top Bottom