Video Screen Recording + Audio

Associate
I want to record a video that will be streaming in a google tab. Also need to capture the audio. I have come across a few apps but seems to be limited to time recording unless you pay etc. After some advice on free apps to do what i need. Needs to record about 5 - 6 hours +

Soldato
OBS, it can use your GPU's media encoder as well which will be less stressful on your PC.

Is the stream live or just a normal video? There's some Firefox addons that can extract the video which will be better quality wise.

Associate
OP
OBS, it can use your GPU's media encoder as well which will be less stressful on your PC.

Is the stream live or just a normal video? There's some Firefox addons that can extract the video which will be better quality wise.

The stream is live, i will be fast asleep. so i want to setup it up recording the screen and then pick it up in the morning.

Just had a quick test with the OBS software and seems its what i would need so hopefully :) Thanks for the info.

Last edited:
Associate
Just had a quick test with the OBS software and seems its what i would need so hopefully :) Thanks for the info.

Give both CPU & GPU encoding a test. I've got a Ryzen 7 so use CPU to keep my GPU temps down & stop it throttling, but I stream while gaming. Either way, I would go OBS as well.

Soldato
if you have the rtsp / url link for the stream maybe you can just record/capture it directly in vlc (equivalent to having a FF add-on)

Associate
OP
Give both CPU & GPU encoding a test. I've got a Ryzen 7 so use CPU to keep my GPU temps down & stop it throttling, but I stream while gaming. Either way, I would go OBS as well.

Cheers will try, i have an i5 4570r on a brix. So i think i should be okay.

Back
Top Bottom