Video Stutter windows 10

Soldato
Just recently i've noticed that playing any video mkv etc or even youtube the video seems to be stuttering for a split second every 30 seconds or so causing the image to jump and the audio to go funny.

I've tried updating my graphics drivers and still no change after a restart.

Only thing that seems to play local files ok is the build in movie player. If I use vlc that has the same issue,

I've not installed anything obvious recently that could be running and causing it.

Anyone else had a similar thing just started happening and know a possible solution?

Managed to sort it... I think
Reinstalled the AMD driver again this time choosing the "Clean Install" option. When its done this its stopped wallpaper engine from loading its animated wallpaper so i8t looks like that might have been the cause .

Last edited:
Associate
If you're playing your videos from your PC to your TV, I'd recommend PotPlayer (and also install the MadVR "plugin" too) instead of using VLC.
I get stuttering with VLC when playing high res files, so I don't use it any more.

I've tried MPC-HC with MadVR installed, but content played with MPC-HC just looks too grainy. It doesn't with PotPlayer.
A starting point for info https://forum.videohelp.com/threads...-use-MadVR?s=ce54fc01579cbbbbc496e5df3cc178a8

Have you installed your MoBo's drivers?
In the past I've noticed stuttering if I didn't install them.
Also check your screens are set to the correct fresh rate in Hz. When my TV was set to 60Hz I had problems, setting it to 24Hz made it better.

Soldato
OP
use Kodi, it was just at the time youtube was doing the same so tested a few others. only one that was ok with the inbuilt windows one.

A full clean of the graphics drivers instead of installing over the top sorted things.

Back
Top Bottom