VideoMate DVB-T300 ghosting??!

Soldato
Having a problem with my VideoMate DVB-T300.

I am getting ghosting from whatever input I use.

Originally I thought it was my sky box but I recently tried my PS2 and I'm getting the same ghosting. It's like vertical lines that are faint and only visible when ghosting occurs (which is every time something is moving).

I've noticed this from both composite and s-video inputs. Never tested the analog in.

I think the problem might be with the software though. I tried dscaler instead of compro dtv and the picture seems (but not perfect). I find the app quite complicated and can't seem to get things right with it. That said I've only been using it a day.

So does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'll try and get a picture up of the problems I'm seeing.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this at all?

Thanks.

The very latest version of the drivers and software on the compro site should fix this issue as the analogue image quality improved greatly from the new year update.

If you are already using latest version, the noise reduction slider is the one that causes ghosting and lines if set to high.

Thanks Matty. I'll post back with what I get. It kind of makes sense cause using other software did seem to improve things.

As far as I know I have no noise reduction slider and I've had my card since x-mas day so presumably my drivers are dated.

Will let you know how it goes.

ok well updated. Things have imprioved although iget more audio popping. Seems to be realted to my htt bus.

That aside I can now control the deinterlace level which has helped, but the noise reduction options are greyed out.

Any help with this?

Both deinterlace and noise reduction should be available in any of the analogue modes. They have no effect in digital since the image is broadcast quality always so should only be disabled in this mode. I cant think why it wouldnt be available if you are just in the analogue modes(Antenna/cable/comp/svid)

Last edited:
Sorry my other message was barely English, I was quite tired when I posted. Still am.

Well it's definitley not available and I am in analogue mode. Can't think what's up here tbh. I have full control over deinterlacing now and all the drivers are the latest.

Are there any third party software options that are worth concidering?

Last edited:
did you get both the dtv update and the driver update ? I have no idea why noise reduction stays ghosted then :/

I havent found the need to look for third party software apart from dscaler, as its image quality and deinterlacers are better not to mention giving me a higher screen mode to capture (758x576 i think for my ps2) although the scalling to my desktop 1680x1050 makes the image pretty rough ;)

Well dscaler seem to a bit of a pain since it won't remember my settings.

You're right about the ps2 - it does look pretty fugly stretched to that res.
I was concidering using a VGA box to convert the composite AV over to VGA but I don't know how the 800 x 600 res will look on my widescreen lcd :(

Don't want to throw money at something when the solution might just be a new telly.

Svideo should be more ideal over composite. Even through dscaler, svid input looks so much better then composite from ps2. No dot crawling. I did look into various vga converter boxes, but having to power them from an external supply...well its a waiste of a plug for me ;).

I have the pc and tv hooked up to ps2 via a joytech av lead which has scart/svid and composite cables to i can have it hooked to tv and pc at same time (two seperate leads which was a cool suprise ). I prefure to play on pc as then im central to my surround setup, the ps2 works nicely though optical on my z5500 speakers. I leave the tv hooked up as well in case anyone else wants to play ps2 without interupting me ;)

Oh and for dcaler and settings, it can remember, but it needs a setting setting too remember lol

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom