Viewsonic VX2835wm

Associate
what do you think about this monitor ?

I'm thinking of getting one for PC games, DVDs and general PC usage.
I was also considering the Hanns-G 28inch but lack of 16:9 is a bit of an issue.

cheers.

Associate
Got the Hanns-G 28inch about a month back and its a steal at the price.

If playing the DVD's via software then your graphics card should display them with the borders in the correct place.

Watched a lot of hi def stuff, dvd's and xvid and they look fine to me.

Associate
what do you think about this monitor ?

I'm thinking of getting one for PC games, DVDs and general PC usage.
I was also considering the Hanns-G 28inch but lack of 16:9 is a bit of an issue.

cheers.

Hey mate, I've liked Viewsonic products in the past (VX2025 owner), but with the current level of service I am experiencing from them I would steer clear.

Viewsonic have transferred their UK call centre from the Netherlands to England recently, and the service could not be worse. I've been waiting 3 weeks now just to try and schedule redelivery of my replacement monitor. I ring them almost everyday, and they could not be less helpful. Every time they promise a call back the same day or the next morning, and they never do. There is always an excuse - "you're a priority but we can't access the person dealing with your case's computer", "that person has gone home, she will call you tomorrow", "they are away with a family bereavement." When I confronted them with how poor it is that they can't organise a re-delivery and have done nothing in 3 weeks, and that nobody in my dept will buy one of their products now, they simply replied "but we're not Viewsonic, we just provide the service" then continued with the "hopefully the person on your case will return tomorrow" stuff.

Sorry to rant about this, but if you buy one of their products and need service, then you will have to deal with this attitude.

Soldato
Sorry to rant about this, but if you buy one of their products and need service, then you will have to deal with this attitude.

I had the same kind of problems with Acer a couple of years ago, as the saying goes "if you pay peanuts, ...". It's quite an eye-opener once you start spending more on monitors how much better you get treated - just shows how little margin there is in the lower end of the market IMHO.

Associate
thanks for the warning, I assume you mean repairtech ? which the Viewsonic UK support page links to. On a quick google, i find it has lots of complaints :/

Yeah, I assume they are the ones involved. I must admit, their ability to be completely nonchalant and repeat the same BS again and again is pretty impressive! ;)

Associate
I had the same kind of problems with Acer a couple of years ago, as the saying goes "if you pay peanuts, ...". It's quite an eye-opener once you start spending more on monitors how much better you get treated - just shows how little margin there is in the lower end of the market IMHO.

Too true, sadly. My next purchase will probably be an HP 2475w, which seems to have much better support, according to the forum thread on it.

Associate
OP
Samsung support is very good. My warrenty had run out on my 19inch LCD but they still rang me back twice to help me with my query. Nothing they can do now that the warrenty has run out though.

Back
Top Bottom