Virgin Broadband slight interruption every few minutes?

Permabanned
Let the ping go over an hour without doing anything, you can output it to a file by adding “ > c:\ping_result.txt “ for example.

Do it for your router ip and also google IP. See if it happens when not playing a game and the system is just idle over 30 mins.

You have to try literally everything when these kinds of issues occur with evidence where possible.

Permabanned
could be a chance it’s something in game, server, large packets etc

Doing this will just back up that it’s not only just in-game. The logs will be clear as day light.

Output two CMD windows to 2 different txt files though so you know which is which.

Associate
OP
I did leave it running for about 4 hours previously when the last engineer came, so he could see it (I wasn’t in). One on wifi and one wired. Both dropped at the same time every 6 mins/360seconds.

I’ll leave it running overnight and see if it does it when there’s next to no traffic

Associate
OP
Wifi on a laptop and wired to my main pc

I’ve tried two more wifi laptops at the same time and they all drop at the same moment.

The think broadband monitor can’t see the drop and neither can Virgin but it’s enough to freeze warzone for 2-3 seconds

Associate
OP
32 devices connected to the Asus router now but a lot of those are Hue lights

I’ve tried isolating just a wifi laptop etc and it disconnects at the same interval

Soldato
Is there a way to add a time stamp to the cmd data for each row please?

Yep, there's several ways you could do it. For example, use PowerShell rather than a command prompt and do this:

Code:
ping.exe -t 8.8.8.8 | Foreach{"{0} - {1}" -f (Get-Date),$_}

Or if you want to output the results to a file:

Code:
ping.exe -t 8.8.8.8 | Foreach{"{0} - {1}" -f (Get-Date),$_} | Out-File .\ping_results.txt

When it's outputting to a file it won't display anything in the PowerShell window and you'll need to press CTRL + C to stop it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom