Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Associate
just checked my graph and it's totally red my ip address has changed thought we had static ips on virgin ? no sign of the new firmware either still on 9.1.116V the new graph is still abysmal

Soldato
just checked my graph and it's totally red my ip address has changed thought we had static ips on virgin ? no sign of the new firmware either still on 9.1.116V the new graph is still abysmal
I found when I got the new 608 firmware, my graph went red and had to play with the firewal setting to get it to show again, no biggy.

Soldato
Is someone actually making this worse by the day.................

Even just loading websites is now getting worse and worse. slower and slower......

Soldato
Engineer confirmed nothing wrong at my end - everything is fine. Network team have been notified and it's a large spread fault in the Ayrshire area. They have been working on it for 4 days now according to him.

NO ETA for a fix.....nothing I can do but sit and wait.......Horrible

Associate
I'm currently going through the cancellation game with Virgin, when i first called they offered me the following, are these good deals or should i be looking for more?
Full House + 1TV box + 350Mb + Phone line for £67.55
Basic TV + 350Mb + Tel for £56.25
Broadband only 350Mb for £48.00

For the last year I've been paying £69 including homework, but it is now going to £130.

Just a small update, but Virgin finally gave me a call 2 days before the disconnection. They offered me the same package (350mb, Full House TV and Weekend Calls) for £49.75, i nearly snapped the guys hand off, but tried to get something more, but he wasn't having any of it. So, it definitely pays to wait until the last moment sometimes.

Soldato
Time for me to do the cancellation game.
Been out of contract for a few month's now & paying £47 pm for 200mb & basic phone line.

What's the chances of a decent deal?

You can get 200mbit for under £28 a month.

I've just had to email ceo, completely done with VM I have them on recording lying about contract now and adding notes to account.

Getting 1/10 of advertised speed.

Soldato
just got 200mb and phone line (cheaper with the line) for £26 a month with £24 credit

How the **** did you manage to get that? I was getting charged £41 a month for just 150mb and no phone, so I spoke to the cancellation department at the beginning of this month. After threatening to leave and bartering as hard as I couldn't get anything less than £34.23 for 150mb with no phone line, all they offered was first month free.

How the **** did you manage to get that? I was getting charged £41 a month for just 150mb and no phone, so I spoke to the cancellation department at the beginning of this month. After threatening to leave and bartering as hard as I couldn't get anything less than £34.23 for 150mb with no phone line, all they offered was first month free.
you have to cancel and let them phone you back, i tried with the lady who took my initial cancelation, she could offer 100mb for £27 and no better
best offers come when they call you back

Soldato
you have to cancel and let them phone you back, i tried with the lady who took my initial cancelation, she could offer 100mb for £27 and no better
best offers come when they call you back

Damn. I was asking for £25 a month and I even said I don't mind dropping speed for that price! He said it's not possible and I said well then just cancel me. When he started the process and told me the date my service would stop I got worried, I didn't expect it to get that far. I didn't tell him to stop the cancellation but he happened to continue trying to persuade me that £34 is a good deal so I ended up starting a new 12 month contract. I should have gone ahead with the cancellation from what you're saying.

I just called them trying to get more off the price, explaining that someone I know is getting 200mb for £26 but they won't knock another penny off or increase my speed, they said 200mb would cost me £37. And I'm 10 days too late to cancel the contract. Ah well, 12 months from now I'll definitely cancel and hope someone calls me back with a better offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
Vivid 350 was finally activated in my area last week so upgraded this morning and also got the 9.1.116.603 firmware when activated on my SH3 in Modem mode and this is my BBM graph now, I'll give it a few days to settle down but oddly things to feel a little snappier when loading web pages.

On Ookla's speedtest using a remote server rather than the local one I'm getting about 380 Mbps down and 22 Mbps up.

6e193b25e0d21b62050d8c339b40b1419717a842-07-06-2018.png

Associate
Just tried to negotiate my current deal which is £63 per month for some old M TV (With the crap Cisco Tivo Box) - 50MB Broadband on a S1 Suberhub and phone. The Cheapest they could me is £45 for the Mix TV with 100mb broadband but io'd have to Pay £100 for the new V6 box and extra for the SH3.

Guy was quite argumentative on the call so I'm going to try and call again and speak to someone who doesn't shout at the customer.

Associate
when ringing, use the option 'thinking of leaving us' or something like that. You'll get through to retentions who can offer slightly better prices.

Some people have had even more luck by cancelling the contract and waiting for VM to call them

Soldato
when ringing, use the option 'thinking of leaving us' or something like that. You'll get through to retentions who can offer slightly better prices.

Some people have had even more luck by cancelling the contract and waiting for VM to call them

This is what i did. But I was prepared to follow it through. Had Talk Talk lined up.

Quite a difference in both attitude and price when talking to Retentions before and after contract cancellation.

Soldato
Just tried to negotiate my current deal which is £63 per month for some old M TV (With the crap Cisco Tivo Box) - 50MB Broadband on a S1 Suberhub and phone. The Cheapest they could me is £45 for the Mix TV with 100mb broadband but io'd have to Pay £100 for the new V6 box and extra for the SH3.

Guy was quite argumentative on the call so I'm going to try and call again and speak to someone who doesn't shout at the customer.

Whoever you was speaking to was giving you wrong information, not sure where that £100 for a v6 box came from you should only need to pay a £20 activation fee for the tv6 and hub3 which is normally waved if you ask nicely.
If you go on VM website the bundles say the equipment is included, apart from activation.

I recently upgraded from Tivo to TV6/HUB3 for free.

Back
Top Bottom