Virgin Media Discussion Thread

Caporegime
I don't think you can buy FTTPoD quicker than 330Mbps. After the initial 12 month contract term you can migrate to a normal FTTP service at a more competitive price.

Soldato
I don't think you can buy FTTPoD quicker than 330Mbps. After the initial 12 month contract term you can migrate to a normal FTTP service at a more competitive price.

well I'm paying £60ish for 200mb/s with virgin so £100pm for 12 months is bearable for FTTP. It's the install cost that will be the issue.

Soldato
Can anyone tell me if it’s possible to patch the cable that goes from the cabinet to your house? Having my driveway done today and they’ve cut half way through the cable.

Soldato
Ok cheers, thankfully the section they’ve cut through is located under the path rather than where my driveway will be so I’m hoping virgin don’t have to come out and dig up freshly laid tarmac.

Soldato
It looks like this:

81-AC4-DAB-82-E0-4-A05-94-C0-98427146-B7-A8h.jpg

Soldato
Think that's just coax. Do you have a plug socket powering it from inside your property?
No I had it installed up stairs when I first moved in, the black cable underneath is the one going under my drive, the black one in the top right is feeding my router which is now located upstairs.

Soldato
I've cancelled and moved to BT. I was 40% likely of staying, initially I wanted to leave due to the decreased reliability. Sure, covid will have some impact but it was dropping at least three times a day every other day.

I was willing to consider sticking with VM, as I expect it to improve a little as people return to work but the representative was awful, I don't think I've heard so many lies peddled.....[snip]

Sure, VM with the bigger bundle + sky sports was incredibly cheap compared to going with BT FTTP but right now it's not about the money it's about having a connection which isn't up and down all day.
I had the similar "lies" recently when trying to sort out my out of contract mum who was with the Post Office, so it isn't just VM . Other people may have easily fallen for the made up nonsense. I ended up politely ending the call and calling back and spoke to a much more honest and straight forward person.

Associate
Trying to connect a Sony XG81 TV to the VM 3.0 Hub via a wired connection and the TV can't find the network.

Any suggestions on how to configure the VM 3.0 Hub such that my TV can see it?

My main PC is connected to the VM 3.0 Hub with no issues.

Back
Top Bottom