Virgin Sim

Soldato
Hi there

I'll be the first to admit I've no idea about mobile phones or the latest models. I have an older (2017) Samsung Galaxy A5 with O2 and my contract is about to finish. I'm thinking about moving to Virgin with their pay monthly sim which provides 2Gb of data, 1500 minutes and unlimited texts for £7.00PM which would be more than sufficient for my needs.

I'm wondering if anyone else is with Virgin media who can comment or their service please?

Also, would I be able to keep my same mobile number?

Soldato
I swapped to virgin 20 days ago and I've just cancelled with them. I found the signal to be far worse than ee who they piggy back onto
I also had a serious problem with delayed notifications from WhatsApp etc over 4g. This is well documented on the forums and numerous people have the same issue.
For me personal I wouldn't touch them again but I know other people who are more than happy.
You are able to keep your number you just need a pac code off your current supplier.

Soldato
My wife has similar issues with whatsapp, & finds the signal in general worse than when she was with O2

I recently moved from three to sky, £10 pm for 8gb, & unlimited texts/calls. Unused data rolls over, & streaming sky channels via 4g doesn't use your data allowance.

All I had to do to swop my number was send a text message & sky did the rest, it was really easy.

Soldato
I'm with Virgin and don't have any problems, work in Manchster and the signal is great. I'm on a 30 day contract, starting a new job soon in an area with poor EE single so about to switch to O2 or Vodafone as apparently they have strong singles where I'll be.

Point is just check coverage where you'll be.

Associate
I'm also on virgin media mobile, no problems with the service here in Bournemouth.

I'm on the 12 month contract paying £25 a month for unlimited calls text and data.

I have been with three and ee in the past and the service is just as good as ee here in Bournemouth.

Dan.

Back
Top Bottom