VirtualBox VM's

Soldato
So I bought a Raspberry Pi and also fancied getting linux setup as a VM on my Win 10 host, am I right in assuming that anything I do on my VM is contained only in the VM and any files/folders I've given access to ?

I've just allowed it free reign of one my older drives which was empty anyway and haven't given it permissions for anywhere else but that drive so I should be okay if I happen to accidentally install/download something dodgy it'll only affect the linux partition ?

I'm only asking as I have some instructions/manuals/Arduino codes to download and open from Chinese sellers for electronics things I've bought off AliExpress and being the overly cautious person I am I may as well download in a safe environment as it gives me a reason to actually use and learn linux too, so I won't be a complete noob to Linux when I start tinkering with the Pi and some projects

Soldato
Yes and no.

Unless you give your VM no network access, if for example one of those links was for some malware that acted as a worm then it would theoretically be able to escape through the network port and infected the host i.e your windows machine etc....

Being a Linux VM however it may not be able to activate it's self as it is expecting a windows environment.

All guestimates of course.

I think your over thinking it.

Back
Top Bottom