vista and logitech web cam

Associate
I have managed to get my QuickCamPro 4000 to work under Vista HPx32. I found the following on my search for a solution.
"Go to the Logitech Web site and download the latest version of the QuickCam software, which consists of one executable file.
Open the executable in WinZip and extract the executable file's contents to a temporary location.
Under the extracted area, locate the \drivers\winnew\pro2 folder.
Plug in the camera. When it asks for the driver, select the folder location from previous. The hardware installation process will find the driver and install the device. The device will now be usable as a TWAIN device and with MSN Messenger."
What, of course, I dont have is compatable software. Any suggestions? I have managed to get it working OK using ActiveWebCam but its not ideal. I doubt Logitech will provide any further support.
Hope this helps. Feedback if you can take it a stage further.
Jackjoe

Associate
I'm not sure about other cameras, but Logitech have released a Vista version of their quickcam software and drivers that work perfectly with my Quickcam Sphere, all features work, pan/tilt, facetracking, avatars and headgear effects

Associate
It seems, from the Logitech site, that only 5 cameras are supported natively by Vista. Further drivers/software have been made available through the Downloads and Support section (eg SOME QuickCam products, the newer messenger cam etc,.) There may be further updates to products, possibly through Windows Update, where the "will not work with vista" tag appears but definitely not where Vista doesn't appear in the drop-down menu - just a guess.
Jackjoe

Back
Top Bottom