Vista and Port Forwarding

Permabanned
Aren't the port forwarding settings stored in your router? So if you've already set them up in XP, you shouldn't need to do it again in Vista? :)

Soldato
OP
Web Interface?? If they are DD it should not be a problem (although p2p is showing me as firewalled0 I will check the port munber on Vista and route it via XP and see if indeed the setting is for the Router.
Thanks guys :) Will post back.

Permabanned
Bony Maloney said:
Web Interface?? If they are DD it should not be a problem (although p2p is showing me as firewalled0 I will check the port munber on Vista and route it via XP and see if indeed the setting is for the Router.
Thanks guys :) Will post back.

You may need to change your IP settings in your TCP/IP properties, that's what I have to do when I reinstall Windows anyway; I use port forwarding with a router too :) If your router is like mine though, you won't need to tell the router anything new.

Soldato
OP
dirtydog said:
You may need to change your IP settings in your TCP/IP properties, that's what I have to do when I reinstall Windows anyway; I use port forwarding with a router too :) If your router is like mine though, you won't need to tell the router anything new.

Would you talk me through this please?

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Bony Maloney said:
I cannot get my Router software installed on Vista (BT Voyager 2091). I have a connection to the internet. How would I forward ports without my router software, is there a way?

Go to start > run > type ipconfig /all

look for the default gateway and type that ip in the browser, it should bring up your configuration page for your router.

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

Bony Maloney said:
Thanks done.. this is the message I get at the top of the page it opens: ../bin/busybox

yeh sorry ment to do start > run > type cmd > press enter> type ipconfig /all > press enter ...

Sorry.

Soldato
Bony Maloney said:
Thanks done.. this is the message I get at the top of the page it opens: ../bin/busybox

Can you tell us your default gateway and IP from that ipconfig? Reset the router and also check there are no proxy servers setup in explorer under tools, internet options, connections and lan settings

Soldato
THat's fine, what happens if you try typing the ip in the web browser in vista or another computer? Failing that you might need to do a factory reset on the router

Soldato
OP
Sorted thank you guys, I changed over to Vista and bingo it loaded my router manager when I typed in my IP in the address bar, not sure why it didn't work before hand typo maybe?
Thank you all for your help :)

Back
Top Bottom