Vista router issues

Soldato
Hey all,

I've got a very odd problem with the latest few builds of vista, when I'm connected through my router I cannot view a large amount of websites. And BF2 cannot connect to the login server. If I swap back over to XP everything is fine.

If I disconnect the router and plug directly into the cable modem, everything is also fine. Don't see why this could be happening. Oh and its in any browser, and I can ping the sites I cannot view.

Soldato
OP
Looks like everyone else is as confused as me. Also noticed that I cannot access the routers config's in vista.
Find it strange I can ping these sites but not view them.
Firefox is giving me a timeout error when trying these sites.
Some examples are:
www.skysports.com
www.tomshardware.com
webmail.blueyonder.co.uk
selfcare.blueyonder.co.uk however www.blueyonder.co.uk is ok.
pop3 and smtp access also timeout.

Caporegime
Try this: Go to device manager, find your network adapter, choose properties, click advanced, click TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4) and select disable.

Soldato
OP
riddlermarc said:
Are you using DHCP?

Yep

PiKe said:
Try this: Go to device manager, find your network adapter, choose properties, click advanced, click TCP Checksum Offload (IPv4) and select disable.

Tried that, still the same.

Edit In fact its not the same I'm not getting the timeout error anymore. And I now cannot ping the sites in question.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
modo77 said:
Yep

Tried that, still the same.

Edit In fact its not the same I'm not getting the timeout error anymore. And I now cannot ping the sites in question.
Can you ping the router and/or get to the router's admin pages? If so, is there a page on the router that allows you to ping out, if so it's a good way to see if the problem is post-router or not.

Soldato
OP
Ah I've just disabled the udp checksum aswell as the tcp. I can now get all pages and bf2 is connecting now.

Cheers.

Still can't get the config pages up though?

Back
Top Bottom