Vista Won't Install!

Associate
Wondering if anyone can help me - I bought the Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit OEM jobby. I'm currently using Windows XP Home. I tried installing in Windows and it said that I couldn't do so in this version of windows. Therefore I tried the boot from DVD option - but that doesn't work either. It loads the files to initiate the setup but then nothing comes up - just the mouse and a Windows backdrop. Any ideas?

Soldato
TC1 said:
Obviously you have been in the bios and changed the boot order to DVD /CD?

If it starts to load the files then surely that's already set?

How long are you waiting for when you see the background and cursor? I know when I have installed Vista there are times when it looks like its doing nothing at all, then will kick back into life.

Soldato
Yeah, my system's no slouch but when it got into Vista install it paused for a good 15 seconds, I just let it do it, and it carried on, must have been detecting hardware or something? :confused:

Soldato
Mine does the same when it has the first load bit at the bottom of the screen with the black backdrop the windows backdrop appears and the mouse cursor and nothing else happens from their and I left it a good 3-5 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom