Vista x64 Disk Defragmenter

Soldato
Hi chaps.

I'm currently using Auslogics Disk Defrag v1.4 for my PC. But noticed when running it there is a large gap on the drive where no data is. I have loads at the start then at the end. Is there another good program that will put all the data together for me?

Thanks. :)

Soldato
Defraggler rocks and is free :D It's made by the people who produce CCleaner and is seriously good kit! It's fast, lean and does what it says on the tin. It's still in beta but works 100% even on Vista x64. Some of it isn't exactly intuitive, but clicking the defrag button (on the right) after left clicking (i.e. selecting) the appropriate hdd from the list = a normal defrag. Right clicking the drive in the list at the top and then selecting defrag = defrag and then defrag freespace (which is what you're asking about).

It's easier than it sounds lol. Works great too :D Just remember, "analyze", then hit the defrag button for a normal quick defrag, or right click the drive and hit defrag to do a "full" defrag and consolodate free space too. Easy.

Associate
I've just setup JKDefrag with the GUI on my laptop running vista x64. Seems to work pretty well, I found Defraggler to take a while to defrag and it would miss quite a few files. If they develope it into the way CCleaner is now, I'm sure it will turn into a great app.

Associate
I've just setup JKDefrag with the GUI on my laptop running vista x64. Seems to work pretty well, I found Defraggler to take a while to defrag and it would miss quite a few files. If they develope it into the way CCleaner is now, I'm sure it will turn into a great app.

which gui did u use?

Soldato
Get your hand in your pocket and buy O&O. I and a lot of other people swear by it.

Its ultra fast, there's wealth of options and actually different ways to defrag your drives rather than just the conventional method.

Man of Honour
Odd question about defragging - there's an option in the GUI for JKDefrag to move all contents to the end of the drive. Is that a good idea? Kind of perhaps think so because you can read faster from the edges of the drive surely?

Back
Top Bottom