Vista x64 "hl2.exe has stopped working"

Associate
I recently installed Vista x64 Home Premium, however whenever I exit CS:S I get the error message "hl2.exe has stopped working". Even though it rarely crashes I just get the message after exiting the game when I've finished playing.

Any known fixes to this? Cheers.

Soldato
I only get it when I type 'exit' into the console. I figured with me it was due to the fact that it's not being shut down correctly, just terminated, whereas if you press 'exit' it closes the program properly.

InvG

Soldato
Exact same error when playing Team Fortress 2 as well. Haven't played in a few weeks though, so I don't know if it's been fixed in an update.

Soldato
Actually, come to think of it, i think it only happens when i press f10 to close the game. I pretty much always just f10 it that i thought it happened every time.

Soldato
I recently installed Vista x64 Home Premium, however whenever I exit CS:S I get the error message "hl2.exe has stopped working". Even though it rarely crashes I just get the message after exiting the game when I've finished playing.

Any known fixes to this? Cheers.

Join the club. Its quite extensive. Does it to me aroughly 75% of the time.

Soldato
Literally just moved to Vista x64 myself this weekend, and get the same problem. It also prevented me from playing Portal at all, as it would crash during the Valve intro movie. Adding the resolution switches to the launch parameters fixed it, and so long as it only "crashes" after I'm done with the game, I can let it slide for now.

What is annoying me at the moment is the 'Ribbons' screensaver does the same thing. Very odd.

Associate
I used to get this a lot but doesn't happen now I use the following shortcut. I think you need to make sure your TF2 resolution matches windows.

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 440 -64bit -novid -console -w 1600 -h 1200 -fullscreen -refresh 60

Back
Top Bottom