Vive Cosmos GPU recommendation

Associate
Hi everyone,
I'm getting an Vive Cosmos for my sons desktop PC (used to be mine). The rough specs are as follows

i7 4770k
16gb Ram
Nvidia 1070 gpu

Do you think that will be enough to use the headset effectively or would I be better of replacing the GPU with a 2080 or 2080 ti?.

The computer sits in a huge case with a good 1kW PSU. I know the cpu might be a slight bottleneck with the 2080ti but I wanted to future-proof the GPU for a few years. I will probably upgrade the cpu mb mem to a Ryzen 7 at Christmas.

Thanks very much

Soldato
Well try it with the 1070 before you decide but if you do go ahead and upgrade the 2070 Super would be the best price/performance card for a VR setup going forwards.

Associate
OP
I forgot about the super series many thanks, nearly £500 cheaper too. I will give it a go when it comes to see how it performers on the 1070.

The £500 will almost cover the cpu upgrade at Christmas too. :)

Cheers

Associate
OP
Hi,
thanks for the info. In the end I sent the Vive Cosmos back unopened due to the really bad reviews regarding tracking. I got a Valve index and also upgraded the GPU to a 2070 Super.

As you said no problems at all with the CPU works perfectly.

Thanks again

Soldato
Hi,
thanks for the info. In the end I sent the Vive Cosmos back unopened due to the really bad reviews regarding tracking. I got a Valve index and also upgraded the GPU to a 2070 Super.

As you said no problems at all with the CPU works perfectly.

Thanks again

hows ur index controllers?

Associate
OP
Controllers are fantastic, the individual finger tracking is quiet spooky. I only played it briefly can't get my son off it. Pulling a pin out of grenade was fun.

Back
Top Bottom