Vive performance tips

Associate
In the pursuit of maximum graphical performance from my Vive I always make sure the display mirror on my monitor is running at the lowest resolution and settings by pressing Alt when first booting up on Steam and selecting 640 x 480 and fastest setting.

I'm not sure how much difference it makes but it must put a little less stain on the GPU. I wondered if anyone else does the same and does it make much difference?

I have also found switching off Asynchronous re projection in some titles such as Elite and Project cars helps and for seated games I find Enable always on projection helps

I seem to get much better performance in Elite, Pinball FX2 and Project Cars if I use the settings above.

Does anyone else have any tips?

Associate
The display mirror should have a neglible effect on in Vive framerates. It purely mirrors so nothing has to be worked out.

The reprojection is a weird one. As it kicks in when the framerate drops below 90 it immediately drops to 45. So a small drop to 85 (i don't know the actual limits) will drop it to 45.
If it's turned off the game will happily carry on at 85 frames and you'll hardly notice it. Although this does depend on your graphics card.

Squeezing performance is hard, it's nearly all down to a fast graphics card and nothing else.

Caporegime
The reprojection is a weird one. As it kicks in when the framerate drops below 90 it immediately drops to 45. So a small drop to 85 (i don't know the actual limits) will drop it to 45.
If it's turned off the game will happily carry on at 85 frames and you'll hardly notice it. Although this does depend on your graphics card.

The above is true for interleaved reprojection, but is is for asynchronous reprojection?

Associate
I had no idea SteamVR did this too (I knew it worked on the Rift - and very well I might add) but a swift google later and it looks like this is a thing. I'll be googling it more later.

Back
Top Bottom