VM 30 days notice?

Associate
I'm currently with VM, have Gig1. I'm currently trialling Three's 5G home broadband and getting similar speeds to Gig1.

I plan to cancel VM, my contract ends the 3rd of September. My question is, can I give them more than 30 days notice?

EDIT: Oops. I guess I should have posted in the VM discussion thread, sorry.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm currently with VM, have Gig1. I'm currently trialling Three's 5G home broadband and getting similar speeds to Gig1.

I plan to cancel VM, my contract ends the 3rd of September. My question is, can I give them more than 30 days notice?

EDIT: Oops. I guess I should have posted in the VM discussion thread, sorry.
I gave them more than 30 days notice just be very clear with what you want. I did it over chat and in the end they spelled it all out, I did take a screenshot, I haven’t ended it yet so we will see, knowing vm they will do something completely different and random.

Associate
My simple maths at 3am failed me.

Yeah man, its cool to tell them today that you do not want their service after the 30th of sept.

You gonna update this thread with VM's incompetence on the 1st October ?

Associate
OP
My simple maths at 3am failed me.

Yeah man, its cool to tell them today that you do not want their service after the 30th of sept.

You gonna update this thread with VM's incompetence on the 1st October ?

It must have been a heavy night! Maths skilled failed you at 3am, reading skilled failed you at midday. :D

My contract ends the 3rd not the 30th of September, though you're right, I have little faith in VM getting things right.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I called yesterday and cancelled. I've had an email & txt saying my service will end on the 3rd of September, so things are looking good at the moment.

No call from retentions yet, though I'm not that bothered, three 5G broadband is performing great at the moment, ~900mbits down / ~80mbits up.

Associate
How - I asked if anyone could confirm it that if it was still true?
Sure, I'll bite.

This bit is stated as a fact
Yeh don’t forget gaming over this connection won’t be great experience

This bit is a question
, unless it’s changed with 5G.
Can anyone confirm this?

I think your post is poorly worded, maybe you were generalising about all mobile broadbrand when OP is specifically discussing 5G.

For the record, I use my mobile phone 5g for gaming when my VM line goes down, it's not actually that much of a difference.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom