Vmax200 - March 10th 2018!

Sgarrista
Commissario
Hi guys,

Vmax200 have moved venues as of this year, no longer running out of Bruntingthorpe, they have instead moved to RAF Kendrew.

Having given up on Terminal Velocity, booked in for March 10th.

Price is £395 per car, enter your details here: http://www.vmax200.com/apply/ and wait for the payment info to come through.

Current Attendees:
1) @kindai - Nissan GTR - PAID
2) @Gibbo - Jaaaaaaaaag SVR - PAID
3) Mac - Yellow Mustang - PAID

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I will never go to Brunters until they resurface it. It destroyed my paintwork last time front and arches so good it’s moved.

OcUK Staff
Going to have any on board vids gibbo?

I have a Hero3, I have no mounts so unfortunately I am just sticking it to my steering wheel pointed at the speedo/RPM so can just see how quick the car goes from 0-175mph as I predict my car will hit around 170ish by 1 mile.
I am taking a passenger so if I get enough runs, I shall get my passenger to also film out the car so we can see how racing goes and how much I loose ground to Kindai or Mac as my car is still stock, whereas Mac has 800HP and Kindai around 660HP, but I think off the line I might have them all, be interesting to see as the SVR hooks up amazingly well from a dig, surprisingly good at it even in wet.

I shall also lend my Hero3 to Mac and Kindai if they wish and they can do same, stick it to their wheel to record acceleration from 0-175mph area. I know the last supercharged Mustang that ran the 1 mile hit 185mph, same power as Macs but was an automatic so perfect shifts, I suspect Mac will be around 170mph as time will be lost changing gear.

So my speedo video will be something like this:

That is a lightly tuned Golf R with 370HP for reference.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Pricing seems a bit crazy for an airfield day... especially as they won't even go the the effort of setting up cones to at least pretend to be a circuit.

Don't you get bored of high speed runs after 1 or 2? I would.

That money would pay for the crossing and fuel to get to Germany and back where you have much longer stretches of road to plant it.

OcUK Staff
how does that compare to Brunters with regard available distance and if there is any run up to the main run?

Well its a standard start 1 mile race, so line up, floor it to the brake sign (1 mile) and then go round the corner and either cruise back or roll race with the other car if allowed (unsure).

Pricing seems a bit crazy for an airfield day... especially as they won't even go the the effort of setting up cones to at least pretend to be a circuit.

Don't you get bored of high speed runs after 1 or 2? I would.

That money would pay for the crossing and fuel to get to Germany and back where you have much longer stretches of road to plant it.

A safe environment with zero traffic to race your mates and get to chat to loads of other car enthusiast, yes expensive but well worth it to go near 200mph in safety.

Soldato
Well its a standard start 1 mile race, so line up, floor it to the brake sign (1 mile) and then go round the corner and either cruise back or roll race with the other car if allowed (unsure).

Think Bruntingthorpe is a bit longer plus you can carry speed around bottom corner before the long straight, so already going 50/60 at the start of the runway.

Did Vmax about 7 years ago in the E55 estate - I think it was only about £60 back then. 177mph was best figure I got.

OcUK Staff
Think Bruntingthorpe is a bit longer plus you can carry speed around bottom corner before the long straight, so already going 50/60 at the start of the runway.

Did Vmax about 7 years ago in the E55 estate - I think it was only about £60 back then. 177mph was best figure I got.

177mph from rolling or standing start?

I think on the day they will be doing a mix of standing and rolling starts, but not sure. Just be good fun to properly open it up without the worry of police or cameras. :)

Back
Top Bottom