VMWare Workstation Pro 15.5 released

Soldato
For those of you who regularly use virtual machines on Windows or Linux, you'll probably at least have heard of VMWare Workstation Pro if not already using it (spoiler it is fantastic). Version 15.5 has been released as a free up to version 15 which is pretty cool and fixes some bugs I was having.

If you don't use VMWare for virtual machines for developing desktop and server applications on a single machine with multiple different operating systems installed, can I ask what solution you have found to be better? I'd honestly like to know as I'm always keen to use the best software for the job.

Soldato
I'm still on version 11 which was working fine until the latest release of Windows which I can't install because of it. I massively begrudge having to pay the £200+ Vmware tax to keep my OS up to date. :(

Soldato
I'm still on version 11 which was working fine until the latest release of Windows which I can't install because of it. I massively begrudge having to pay the £200+ Vmware tax to keep my OS up to date. :(

I use peasant mode which is free. https://my.vmware.com/en/web/vmware/free#desktop_end_user_computing/vmware_workstation_player/15_0

I don't need Pro for my testing.:p

edit: as a home user, I'm not breaking any T&Cs - only just realised this thread was in the enterprise section.

Associate

Not sure if this is any use, but before you pay £200 for /just/ Workstation...consider joining the VMware User Group...the Advantage Membership (US$200) gives you access to a whole bunch of stuff which may or may not be useful to you. More info here. I'm running Fusion Pro at the moment, 11.1.something, and it's what I'll be doing when the next major release is out as I also run the "free" version of ESXi for things that the desktop products don't support (e.g. VLANs, physical connectivity, etc) and it would be nice to have access to some of the enterprise features.

Back
Top Bottom