1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vodafone fibre on aftermarket router?

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by broona, Sep 10, 2019.

1. broona

Wise Guy

Getting Vodafone activated tomorrow, but I've been out every time they've tried to deliver my router, would my Billion AC1600 work straight away with it, or do I need any Vodafone details to connect?

2. bremen1874

Capodecina

I believe you'd need to get the login details from Vodafone. From reading various posts on here getting hold of those details can be a bit hit and miss, but definitely possible.

3. welshboy

Wise Guy

I just got activated on Monday... I wouldn’t use there router. I’m using the Trusty hg612

just open up a web chat window on there app or website and they have me it within few minutes .

4. Carl81

Associate

I had hassle trying to use my asus gaming router with voda

5. broona

Wise Guy

Thanks for the replies, I connected to their chat and had the settings within 10 minutes.

My router currently won't connect, not sure whether their broadband has been activated yet, but wondered if anyone knew of anything else I had to change to get it working?

I've followed a couple of guides, changed to PPPoE, 802.1q to 101, but not sure what encapsulation should be set to, etc?

And my router is actually the Billion 8800AXL R2. Thanks again.

6. broona

Wise Guy

New router arrived and up and running, I'll have another play with the Billion one day...