Vodafone text message delivery reports

Soldato
Is anyone having problems with Vodafone not sending text message delivery reports? I am not sure if it's a network operator issue or phone issue, my mobile is a Samsung S20+

When sending a normal text message, delivery reports are enabled, but it doesn't say that it has been delivered even though it has, the text is received fine. I've spoke to Vodafone but all they suggested was a factory reset :p I have tested on another mobile (also vodafone network) and that is having exactly the same issue...

Can a phone update break this sort of thing, anyone able to shed any light why its just all of a sudden stopped working?

Associate
What update was this?

Interesting, seems like it may be a Samsung/Android issue then. I have tested with an old Nokia Lumia on Vodafone and that received a delivery report fine

I have a software update, I was wondering whether this would sort the issue. I normally don't like doing the updates because I'm sure they slow my phone down! I also have a Samsung S9 on EE, those delivery reports work fine but that phone has been updated.

Soldato
OP
I've spoken to Vodafone again, and this time they told me they have identified a problem

They said to put the phone on the 3G network - I have done that and now it works fine, delivery reports are working - Will just have to use that temporarily until it's fixed!

Apparently there is a problem on 4G/5G

Associate
I dont have 3g only 2g or 5g. Really weird i started getting delivery reports today and now they stopped again.

Associate
Is anyone having problems with Vodafone not sending text message delivery reports? I am not sure if it's a network operator issue or phone issue, my mobile is a Samsung S20+

When sending a normal text message, delivery reports are enabled, but it doesn't say that it has been delivered even though it has, the text is received fine. I've spoke to Vodafone but all they suggested was a factory reset :p I have tested on another mobile (also vodafone network) and that is having exactly the same issue...

Can a phone update break this sort of thing, anyone able to shed any light why its just all of a sudden stopped working?

I have the same problem on my note 9 on Vodafone since 25th June, have been told it's an android operating issue, it works fine on 3g, can't believe that they haven't fixed the problem yet, took about 6 phone calls for them to acknowledge that their was a problem, hoping it will get fixed soon.

Soldato
I have a Note 10+ on Vodafone(simfree phone) and delivery reports are working , does this happen when its on Vodaphone firmware or simfree as well ? . The shear amount of phone calls to CS I have to make to get Wifi calling to work when I get a new phone is awful .

Associate
It's happens on my friend's unlocked phone A51 that she has just put a Vodafone SIM into, works fine on 3g, def a problem somewhere, other friends on other networks with Samsung Phones not getting the problem seems to be only Vodafone.

Associate
It happens on my friends recently bought unlocked A51 with a Vodafone SIM put in reports on 3g but not on 4g, friends using Samsung Phones on dif Networks are getting reports seems to be only Vodafone

Associate
Did this ever get rectified with Vodafone on their 4G/5G network. Recently moved to Vodafone & although I have an iPhone I have always used the prefix *0# on text messages to obtain delivery reports. Worked fine with EE, O2, 3 & other companies using their networks like GiffGaff, 1pMobile & Asda(while on EE). However it does not work now on Vodafone & when I spoke to their help desk they seemed clueless as to what a delivery report was & offered to call me back in 24 hours to tell me if the text is sent ad been delivered When I explained again in detail they didn’t know. So thought I’d check here in case it’s a different prefix.... Living in hope!!

Back
Top Bottom