• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Voltage/temps for 3570k @ 4.5

Associate
I was just wondering what sort of voltage and temps people were getting for their 3570k at 4.5 GHz. Mine is using an offset of +0.02v which gets a load voltage of 1.26V and max temps on IBT maximum stress level of 89C on the hottest core. Prime 95 small FFTs get a maximum temperature of 80C on the hottest core. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Mine needs around 1.35 for x45 but its cooler then most even at those volts...its especially cool under water.

Basically no CPU is the same so its hard for anyone to tell you what yours will needs, don't go above 1.52 vcore (LOL)

I am very aware of the silicone lottery, I was just seeing how mine was in comparison to others in terms of winning the lottery or losing it :)

Associate
OP
Cool, I'd rather personally crank more volts into my core to get a certain core clock then have a low vcore and high temps, ivy bridge seems to have many variations once overclocked and now many of the guides were written when the chip first came out they don't all hold true.

Like I said mine needs a lot more voltage then others but it was never a hot chip, whereas others get much lower vcore but are restricted by temperature. It's runs very well now it's de-lidded and water cooled, but it doesn't like to go above x47 at any voltage, temperature regardless.

Well upping the voltage on a chip will increase the temps- if I ran mine at 1.35v it would run hotter than it does atm. Yours runs cool as it is under water and de-lidded, mine is just under a 212 Evo and not de-lidded.

Associate
OP
I must be lucky, I only need 1.2V for 4.5Ghz and it tops out at about 65C on air. Considering pushing for 5Ghz now :D.

What cooler are you using?
As mentioned below, is this during normal use or stress testing? Because I only get to around 55C on BF3 ultra, but IBT is far more demanding than any real world application- hence far higher temps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom