Volume question iPhone and pixel users

Associate
I have a moto g5 which I’m looking to upgrade shortly. I’ve narrowed it down to either IPhone SE or pixel 4, or 4a when released.

There’s one defining factor I can’t find the answer, hoping someone can help.

The EU volume limiter, it’s an absolute nightmare on the Moto G.

Both through speakers or headphones, usually once a day at random, the sound will reduce to a whisper, meaning manually resetting the volume. in the shower, on the bike, at work, it’s the worst ‘feature’ ever in a phone.

My next purchase can’t have this, it drives me insane.

Does iPhones or pixels have this issue?

Associate
I use 2 Android Tools, 1 of which is Bluetooth Volume Manager by darken which allows granular settings of individual Bluetooth headphones and despite the name I believe it works with wired headphones but I haven't checked that. This allows you to set a volume above the 'safe' setting when Bluetooth Headphones connect and revert to the previous setting when disconnected. You can have differnet settings for every headphone you connect.

Together with that app I use System UI Tuner by Zacharee1 which on most devices allows you to override the absolute warning message about high volumes.

Both Apps are less than intuitive in places but both reward a bit of perseverance and tweaking and should hopefully get what you want. I cannot rate both those Apps highly enough.

The System UI Tuner also helps hide certain notification icons which can help visibility on notched phones reducing the annoying 'dot' notifications

Back
Top Bottom