VORON 2.4R2 350 build - should be fun

Associate
I finally got my VORON 2.4R2 3d printer kit delivered, wanted to have a go at building one for ages - anyone interested to see how I get on?

DHL.jpg

Associate
OP
I went for the LDO kit which is generally considered the best one available, I did lots of research and there are quite a few different ones available - you can even source all your own parts. Sods law they announced a new version (revD) just before I took delivery, the new one is not available until the end of July at the earliest and I did get a discount.

Associate
as i mentioned in sv08 forum.. interested.
LDO are regarded the best ones indeed.
i would suggest that you dedicate a proper space for the build :D
did you joined vorons discord?

Associate
OP
as i mentioned in sv08 forum.. interested.
LDO are regarded the best ones indeed.
i would suggest that you dedicate a proper space for the build :D
did you joined vorons discord?
I am very pleased so far with the LDO quality, all the parts I've touched so far seem top-notch. Storing parts in the garage, the printer in my cabin, and use the granite island in the kitchen for assembly (while the wife is at work :cry: ). The Voron discord has been very useful, I'm sure I'll be asking a few questions as the build progresses.

Soldato
I prepared the linear rails by removing the shipping oil by soaking the rails in Isopropyl Alcohol before lubricating as per the LDO guide.

IMG-20240620-113752.jpg

Greasing these was the biggest pain in the arse I had during my build. I wish LDO had used the sleds(?) with captured bearings so I could have taken them off easily and greased them that way.

The 4 Z's, due to the low travel speed when printing, didn't have to be as "perfect" as the X & Y rails but I had to get them as good as they could be.

Associate
OP
Greasing these was the biggest pain in the arse I had during my build. I wish LDO had used the sleds(?) with captured bearings so I could have taken them off easily and greased them that way.

The 4 Z's, due to the low travel speed when printing, didn't have to be as "perfect" as the X & Y rails but I had to get them as good as they could be.
Yes a right pain, thought it would be easy - glad it's done now :)

IMG-20240620-164345.jpg

Back
Top Bottom