vortex One kit

Associate
any one got the vortex one water cooling kit . Am thinking of doing my first loop and am looking for a good kit for a decent price. I can get this one for under £150, are the ek kits better

thanks.

Man of Honour
Never heard of them, which would be a concern regards quality and performance.

The all in one design of the block looks like it could cause clearance problems with the mounting plate, might be wrong but looks an odd / cost cutting solution.

For £10 more the EK kit is atleast a proven kit from an established manufacturer ;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...-performance-water-cooling-kit-wc-9ew-ek.html

As a starter kit , the EK is a no-brainer over the Vortex.

Associate
OP
Never heard of them, which would be a concern regards quality and performance.

The all in one design of the block looks like it could cause clearance problems with the mounting plate, might be wrong but looks an odd / cost cutting solution.

For £10 more the EK kit is atleast a proven kit from an established manufacturer ;

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-w...-performance-water-cooling-kit-wc-9ew-ek.html

As a starter kit , the EK is a no-brainer over the Vortex.
thanks ;)

Man of Honour
Just to point out, the EK kit is an all aluminium kit, so you will not be able to expand on it later by adding a copper radiator or different fittings due to issues with mixing aluminium and copper together ( See the Galvanic Corrosion sticky in the forum ).

But still a good kit to start with :)

Last edited:
Associate
Looks like a collection they've put together of Byksi/other Aliexpress stuff. You could probably put something together yourself cheaper, but I suppose there's a benefit of getting something all in one place.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the aluminium kits because they limit you too much on what you can and can't do in the future. If you're not too bothered with fiddling though, it can be a good option.

Back
Top Bottom