Voting for the same party

Associate
I know a few people that vote for the same party no matter what, "Iwill always vote Labour" etc. In my mind that is crazy and would vote for the party that i agreed with their policies at that perticular time. Surely they are missing the point about have a democratic vote on who they think would benefit them more running the country.

If there are any of you who will always only vote for one party please could you explain to me the reason behind this. Would you still vote for them even if their policies were ridiculous for example?

Associate
OP
I always vote Conservative but that's because I'm a party member and candidate.

Would you still vote / be a member if they added a policy, for example, all women should stay at home and are not allowed to work? or everyone who works has to give all their money they earn to people who do not work?

WOuld you still ALWAYS vote for them ?

Associate
OP
I'll never vote Conservative in a general election as I'm from the North of England and I was there during the '80s. The North Remembers.

I do vote Conservative in local elections though, and could see myself doing likewise in a European election

Labour are not the same labour of the 80's anymore, hence why they are trying to dissassociate themselves from the unions.

I grew up in the 80's, my mum was a single mother bringing up 2 children on her own whilst holding down a low paid job. We were much better off under a tory goverment than that of a labour one because she chose to work.

Obviously everyone had different stories to tell but that was 30 years ago, political parties are totally different to what they were. You should base your views on current events not what happened 30 years ago.

Associate
OP
I gave up with Labour after Blair's first 5 years as that's when they became the same as the tories. Now I pick the party that most represents my overall view if one is available and at the recent local/euro elections I voted Green even though I don't agree with everything they say.

This is exactly what everyone should do in a democracy, its the point i was trying to make. You should vote on current policies not a party you think you should be affiliated to because of generalisations or your back ground you from

Back
Top Bottom