Voting for the same party

Associate
I know a few people that vote for the same party no matter what, "Iwill always vote Labour" etc. In my mind that is crazy and would vote for the party that i agreed with their policies at that perticular time. Surely they are missing the point about have a democratic vote on who they think would benefit them more running the country.

If there are any of you who will always only vote for one party please could you explain to me the reason behind this. Would you still vote for them even if their policies were ridiculous for example?

Associate
OP
I always vote Conservative but that's because I'm a party member and candidate.

Would you still vote / be a member if they added a policy, for example, all women should stay at home and are not allowed to work? or everyone who works has to give all their money they earn to people who do not work?

WOuld you still ALWAYS vote for them ?

Soldato
Political parties fall into distinct categories on important issues such as crime, health care, education, welfare, foreign policy, immigration etc. Although they may tweak and evolve these policies over time, the differences between the right and the left always seem to remain the same. I vote more on an ideological basis rather than specific policy stances. It's fair to say that nobody is in 100% agreement with any party. Even the parties themselves have constant infighting and disagreements over policy.

I'm a liberal minded person, so I always vote Labour. Selfish people tend to vote Conservative. Xenophobes vote UKIP. Idealists vote Green Party. Racists vote BNP. Fence sitters vote Liberal Democrats. Who you vote for says a lot in my eyes, about who you are.

Associate
its more about what the party stands for, their aims/intent, previous policies and how its affected people. i will never vote conservative because of the damage they do whilst greedily and arrogantly seeking £££££££. i prefer labour/lib dem as they are the ones that try to do the right thing.

Caporegime
NO it makes complete sense why SOME people do it...

The son of a say a 4th generation coal miner would probably be a labour voter... Why obvious...

The son of Jonny silversppon in the mouth is always going to vote Conservative to protect his inheritance, trust fund and estate/manor.

Just in todays society there is a thin degree of social mobility, mostly economic, and as people get older and climb the tax brackets they transgress from free liberal voting more towards a 'No its my money i earned it im keeping it' Conservative Vote.

In reality there are very few people that vote on a party's manifesto or policies... Its figureheads and leadership charisma.

Soldato
Political parties fall into distinct categories on important issues such as crime, health care, education, welfare, foreign policy, immigration etc. Although they may tweak and evolve these policies over time, the differences between the right and the left always seem to remain the same. I vote more on an ideological basis rather than specific policy stances. It's fair to say that nobody is in 100% agreement with any party. Even the parties themselves have constant infighting and disagreements over policy.

I'm a liberal minded person, so I always vote Labour. Selfish people tend to vote Conservative. Xenophobes vote UKIP. Idealists vote Green Party. Racists vote BNP. Fence sitters vote Liberal Democrats. Who you vote for says a lot in my eyes, about who you are.

This attitude is exactly what's wrong with our democracy. It's ridiculous to tie your voting preferences so tightly to your identity. It also doesn't help to insult everyone who votes differently to you.

Associate
This attitude is exactly what's wrong with our democracy. It's ridiculous to tie your voting preferences so tightly to your identity. It also doesn't help to insult everyone who votes differently to you.

It's the old way. Labour views the conservatives as selfish, Conservatives view Labour as people who want the state to do everything. Or at least some people of each party do

Caporegime
I'll never vote Conservative in a general election as I'm from the North of England and I was there during the '80s. The North Remembers.

I do vote Conservative in local elections though, and could see myself doing likewise in a European election

Soldato
[TW]Sponge;26420326 said:
Well you did just call me a Xenophobe, and others selfish.

I never called YOU a xenophobe. Please provide me with the quote where I personally addressed you as a xenophobe. I was making generalisations about voters. Generalisations, which generally are true. ;)

Soldato
I'm a liberal minded person, so I always vote Labour.
Fence sitters vote Liberal Democrats.

Don't know why i found this funny......So liberal you don't vote for a party with Liberal in it :p

The UK switches between overspending / throwing money about like there's no tomorrow (Labour) to got to save every penny / taxed up to the hilt (Conservative) with one party batting off the other every few elections.

Back
Top Bottom