vp930 scaling

Associate
I have a ViewSonic VP930 hooked up via DVI to a 6600GT and am having some problems with the auto image adjust.

I'm trying to play an old game, which only works in 640x480 mode. When I run it, the picture is squashed in the middle of the screen - perfectly clear, but teeny weeny. I'm trying to get it scaled to fit the screen.

The OSD Auto/Manual Image Adjust selections are greyed out and cannot be selected. According to the manual, then Manual Image Adjust is meant to have a 'Scaling' configuration of 1:1, Fill All and Fill Aspect Ratio. I'm assuming that it's 1:1 and I want Fill All?

If I swap over to a DSUB connector, then the auto/manual becomes enabled and it always scales automatically! There is no 'Scaling' option in the manual config though :mad: If I try and bring the monitorup with no DVI or DSUB cables (to check) then the monitor goes into power save mode!

Another bit of weirdness is that even when hooked up via DVI, the BIOS and XP loading screens are scaled. I'm pretty sure that they're not 1280x1024 by default! As soon as it enters windows, the scaling stops. I have installed the drivers from the CD that came with the monitor and cannot find any newer ones on the Viewsonic website.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Cheers,

TFG

Back
Top Bottom