VR desktop software

Soldato
Nismo all depends what u watching movies on. My flat mate on hes 23 inch monitor so even tho resolution will be downgrade overall it will be an upgrade !!!

Just my opinion, but it's the SDE in the headset rather than overall image quality that is the problem.

I think it may be the distance it puts the movie away from you that increases it. It was too noticeable to me to be enjoyable.

Soldato
I will try an SBS (side by side) 3D film when I get home as I put up with the dim and slightly flickery image on an nVidia 3D Vision setup for many films. Would be worth it for alone to me.

Permabanned
Nismo good in bad is that our eyesights are bit ****ed up so that could actually help with SDE :D I wear glasses only for watching stuff on my plasma and for FPS games for better aim :D
And used to ****** lines in my passive 3d monitor did not bother me

Soldato
I had another play with the 3D HSBS options. Basically start the movie in VLC or MPC HC, enable full screen and then with Virtual Desktop already set to Theater Mode you can enable the SBS option via F6/F7 works quite well.

The direct to head set options seem to put the film too close for comfort and you are sort of forced to watch the centre portion of the film so the edges appear blurred unless you look directly at them.

Back
Top Bottom