VR for Disabled People

Associate
I got a quest 2 last week and my girlfriend really wants to try beat saber (turns out she's been playing a rip off version on her phone) the problem is she has to stand with a crutch so can't have both hands free and stand at the same time.
Is there any accessibility options or other ways that would allow her to play?
Just thinking there must be some options out there for people who can't have both hands free.
If it wasn't for the crouching I think she could have got away with sitting on the sofa.

Soldato
Plus there's a 'no obstacles' modifier choice you can use on any track at all. So if you reset the player height to sitting down level, should be well doable. Maybe not on a sofa though, the seats either side of you would get in the way. Maybe a pouffe or a stool?

Associate
Plus there's a 'no obstacles' modifier choice you can use on any track at all. So if you reset the player height to sitting down level, should be well doable. Maybe not on a sofa though, the seats either side of you would get in the way. Maybe a pouffe or a stool?

Yeah, that should do the trick :)

Soldato
Brilliant thanks for the advice. She's got a stool she's uses for cooking in the kitchen, will drag that in and try it.

Swivel stools are great for seated Quest wireless VR. You can easily turn around, and with no wires you can't get tangled, plus your arms are free. It's actually a great way to make use of limited VR space too, as it effectively keeps you in one spot.

Associate
OP
Swivel stools are great for seated Quest wireless VR. You can easily turn around, and with no wires you can't get tangled, plus your arms are free. It's actually a great way to make use of limited VR space too, as it effectively keeps you in one spot.
That's a great idea! I'll look for a swivel stool. It might be handy for me too as I keep pinching the wall playing super hot when I get over excited

Associate

Yep. A swivel stool for sitting in Skyrim and Fallout for any VR (not just wireless) is perfect. Learned lots of little tricks like this in my time in VR.

Associate
OP
Just going to be a matter of time until something gets broke I think, already having to lock the cat out so I don't step on the poor thing.
But thank you for the advice, she had a go on a stool today and promptly beat my hi-score!!!

Soldato
Use underarm. Much safer!
I couldn't in this situation.
They barricaded themselves into a room with sandbags and there was a gap at the top, so the only way to get one in was to reach up and throw it through the gap.
I should've known better and been more aware of my surroundings, but you know how it is in the heat of battle :D

Associate
Just wanna jump in on this thread instead of making a new one.
Any idea for VR with one hand?
I have a left hand and my right arm to just below my elbow so I would be able to actually hold both controllers, my issue would be with pressing buttons on it.
Is there a way to be able to remap so I would only need to use one controller for the controls?
Such a the razer synapse program with hypershift that allows you to put extra binding on keys for when you press a certain button

Soldato
Just wanna jump in on this thread instead of making a new one.
Any idea for VR with one hand?
I have a left hand and my right arm to just below my elbow so I would be able to actually hold both controllers, my issue would be with pressing buttons on it.
Is there a way to be able to remap so I would only need to use one controller for the controls?
Such a the razer synapse program with hypershift that allows you to put extra binding on keys for when you press a certain button

WalkinVRdriver make VR possible for disabled people.

Most games allow you to remap the controllers and there are some games that can be played with Xbox controller.

There is also a good few games that you only need one hand for and some games have a one hand mode.

Voice attack might be able to fill in for no right hand buttons in some games.

Which games were you most interested in trying?

Associate
Which games were you most interested in trying?

Well obviously Beat Saber is a big must, but that is easily handled with the button issue,
Half Life Alyx, Boneworks, Skyrim
And some of the horror games come to mind,
I would honestly love to try them all, especially the ones with VR support that arent just VR games, such as Skyrim and Phasmophobia

Back
Top Bottom