VR PUBG - Stand Out early alpha

Associate
OP
It’s available on steam now for 40% off, £11, full lobbies every game, there’s some crazy lag in the lobby itself, but when the game starts the lag vanishes. Lots of graphical bugs and the odd texture is missing. I played for an hour and had fun, but I have requested a refund, it’s fun, I actualy really enjoyed it, the guns felt nice to use, but I can’t see myself playing it long term, also graphically it’s very poor, even for a VR game, and the movement feels strange, running up steep hills feels like your gliding along on ice, but up hill...
I did enjoy it, and I may pick it up again in the future, but right now my VR catalogue is bulging at the seams and have better games to play.
But I highly recommend anyone with a MVR, Vive or Rift to check it whilst it’s 40%, and I’m interested in your thoughts on the game, I liked it, but not enough to keep it.
Bloody ugly!

I’m still waiting for that killer VR online FPS..the closest I have felt is Bullets and More, and that’s bloody ugly too!

Last edited:
Soldato
Seems like a worthy punt for a tenner though? VRLFG is showing 90+players connected, so getting a game should be ok.

I hear the floaty thing, but in general, that's the nature of fps. How does it compare to say doom3's vr mod, or payday 2? Those two games I consider to be premium fps, and lack nothing for being in the VR format.

Associate
I’m still waiting for that killer VR online FPS..the closest I have felt is Bullets and More, and that’s bloody ugly too!
I've only just started playing BAM, and quite enjoying it! It's not going to win any graphical awards, but looks fine and more importantly, performs very well.

Stand Out looks good though. But as I discovered in BAM, battle royale games are extremely tedious in VR once you've been eliminated and there isn't a plethora of other games to join.

Associate
OP
Seems like a worthy punt for a tenner though? VRLFG is showing 90+players connected, so getting a game should be ok.

I hear the floaty thing, but in general, that's the nature of fps. How does it compare to say doom3's vr mod, or payday 2? Those two games I consider to be premium fps, and lack nothing for being in the VR format.
Havnt played either of those games to comment I’m afraid, I did play PayDay2 but not long enough and without the full loco mod. Like I said I really did enjoy it, to the point where I’m thinking of cancelling my refund request, because it is fun.
Things I didn’t like:
Character animations
Graphics
The ‘gliding’ up hill run
Graphical glitches
Stutter in the lobby

It’s only just been released in an alpha state, so the above should be better in time. I’ll be keeping tabs on it regardless.
Right now I would rather play pubg instead of this.
For £10 I say it’s worth at least trying, there’s always streams refund...

Soldato
Yeah I think double the price, your chancing it. Most of those things seem fixable, so I think ill bite. Initially at least people have bought in and are playing it, there's been several recently where you see 5-10 people maxing it out.

Different strokes, but it really is VR or nothing now..

Soldato
Just had an hour with it. Character animation is clunky, about 1999 levels, you were right about that. Graphics weren't all that jarring, textures on buildings would go a long way though, again halflife 1 levels. Glitches are a fix, the gliding I didn't really notice, it's no different to running up slopes in the era of fps I grew up in.

The negative reviews were putting me of pushing the buy button, but seeing they're doing daily fixes gave it enough credit for a tenner. Not sure if it'll grow old, they need to add more than just weapon drops, and fix the bikes. Was a laugh though, I was one more, one more... huge laughs at the start of one round where me and another guy pegged it in to the same building, he grabbed the gun, I grabbed off him, frantic 30 seconds of doing it back and forth, swearing blind at each other, I got the shot off:)

Probably worth a tenner, but id be weary dropping closer to twenty, as the population could drop off, and the additions you never know if they drop or not.

Associate
OP
Just had an hour with it. Character animation is clunky, about 1999 levels, you were right about that. Graphics weren't all that jarring, textures on buildings would go a long way though, again halflife 1 levels. Glitches are a fix, the gliding I didn't really notice, it's no different to running up slopes in the era of fps I grew up in.

The negative reviews were putting me of pushing the buy button, but seeing they're doing daily fixes gave it enough credit for a tenner. Not sure if it'll grow old, they need to add more than just weapon drops, and fix the bikes. Was a laugh though, I was one more, one more... huge laughs at the start of one round where me and another guy pegged it in to the same building, he grabbed the gun, I grabbed off him, frantic 30 seconds of doing it back and forth, swearing blind at each other, I got the shot off:)

Probably worth a tenner, but id be weary dropping closer to twenty, as the population could drop off, and the additions you never know if they drop or not.
It’s certainly fun, I had another go of the Battle Royal mode in Bullets and More and I actually preferred that in its current state.

Regarding Stand Out, I’m going to keep an eye on both player base and the develpment of it, it got potential, and even now, it is good fun. Yeah the ability to snatch a weapon out of someone’s hand, as well as taking a magazine out of someone fun, is simple and almost genius!

Back
Top Bottom