VR Rift first timer

Soldato
Hiya guys,
New to VR, visited Ocuk on Monday and walked away with the Rift bundle.

Setup was easy enough, really amazing experience, been playing a lot of Robo Recall which is brilliant.

Few questions though, I've done a little reading and using the debug tool set the pixel density (which I believe to be supersampling) to 1.5, just wondering if there's any other tweaks I should be aware of?

Also in regards to games, what are the recommendations?
Yet to try Elite Dangerous but I own it already, heard GTA is another?

Cheers

Soldato
Steering wheel and joystick (ie driving and flying) games are terrific in VR, so try Assetto Crosa, PRoject cars for driving; DCS, IL2:Battle of Stalingrad, WarThunder for flying. Aircar is a short but very nice demo as well (flying and driving in one :D)

Soldato
Steering wheel and joystick (ie driving and flying) games are terrific in VR, so try Assetto Crosa, PRoject cars for driving; DCS, IL2:Battle of Stalingrad, WarThunder for flying. Aircar is a short but very nice demo as well (flying and driving in one :D)
I would add a caveat to this: don't get into a fast car with stiff suspension and go whizzing around a bumpy track on your first go. You will feel ill as ****. Get your VR legs first and start slow.

Associate
I would add a caveat to this: don't get into a fast car with stiff suspension and go whizzing around a bumpy track on your first go. You will feel ill as ****. Get your VR legs first and start slow.
Great advice there. I jumped into iracing and smashed in a few laps before going green my first time. Still get a little spaced out for the first few minutes now but then am fine after. Luckys Tale made me feel awful as well....

Soldato
I couldn't stomach more than 3 laps in the beginning but raced today for 3hours solid without any issues. Just take it easy and dont force it in the beginning - close your eyes the moment you feel nauseous and start with 10 minute sessions to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom