VTR1000 or TL1000/SV1000?

Associate
I haven't ridden in about a year, been riding for about 8 years prior and I'm getting paranoid without a bike.

I've always wanted either a firestorm or a tl1000/SV1000, after my sv650 I had a ninja 600 and a cbr 600 and I missed the vtwin torque.

So what's your opinions, I don't think I can go wrong with either other then making sure the tl has a steering damper.

Associate
OP
Wasn't the TL nicknamed the tank-slapper 1000? :D VTR is a nice bike. SV a bit common.

Widowmaker actually :p but it's not that bad from what've I've ridden with the dampers.

Surprisingly the sv1000 isn't that common they didn't make it that long and it wasn't as "rapid" as the TL. The 650 on the other hand is used in mini twins and well everyone should have one at one point :D

Soldato
Widowmaker actually :p but it's not that bad from what've I've ridden with the dampers.

Surprisingly the sv1000 isn't that common they didn't make it that long and it wasn't as "rapid" as the TL. The 650 on the other hand is used in mini twins and well everyone should have one at one point :D

I thought the Fireblade was the widowmaker? Anyway. :D Isn't the styling of the SV 1000 the same as the 650? Thus it might feel more common? I never owned an SV650 but did ride one home for my mate after he bought it.

Man of Honour
I thought the Fireblade was the widowmaker? Anyway. :D Isn't the styling of the SV 1000 the same as the 650? Thus it might feel more common? I never owned an SV650 but did ride one home for my mate after he bought it.
Pretty much the same except the thou has twin exhausts that's the only real difference unless you're up close.

Saying that the sv seems to command a premium price wise for no real reason. @MowyTone has just picked up a vtr and seems to be enjoying it.

Associate
OP

Yeah exactly the same not the most exciting but a transformer sticker or 2 and it's completely unique ha!.

To be honest I think every bike that has a problem with tank slapping is called a widow maker lol.

The VTR is my current favourite.

Soldato
I owned a TL1000s will put hairs on your chest was a nasty ******* had a damper on mine even so @ 150 I rolled off bike still become a little twitchy.

Much more fun than the other bikes in the thread.

Associate
OP
Caporegime
All those bikes are Jap, have you considered an Italian? From your post I get the impression it's a leisure bike, not a commuting bike, so why not get a Ducati or Aprilia? KTM? An RC8 is a great shout come to think of it.

Associate
OP
All those bikes are Jap, have you considered an Italian? From your post I get the impression it's a leisure bike, not a commuting bike, so why not get a Ducati or Aprilia? KTM? An RC8 is a great shout come to think of it.

I used to commute everyday on bike, this will be my don't want to take the car to places bike lol.

Why did you have to give me those ideas lol I do love italian bikes, RC8 was one of my dream bikes when it came out.

I did like the ride of the 1199 superleggera when it came out, I just defiantly couldn't afford it now or ever lol.

Caporegime
I used to commute everyday on bike, this will be my don't want to take the car to places bike lol.

Why did you have to give me those ideas lol I do love italian bikes, RC8 was one of my dream bikes when it came out.

I did like the ride of the 1199 superleggera when it came out, I just defiantly couldn't afford it now or ever lol.

Do it! The RC8 is an awesome bike, if it's been a dream bike then why not? They are quite affordable now and won't suffer much depreciation, if any.

Associate
OP
Do it! The RC8 is an awesome bike, if it's been a dream bike then why not? They are quite affordable now and won't suffer much depreciation, if any.

They're really pushing my budget still got to get new gear. You are a bad influence Diddums now I'm watching videos on the RC8!

Soldato
So an Mt-09? :p

Yes but I am the other way with an MT-09 or MT-10 I think they are UUUUUUUUUUGLY - looks like optimus prime.

Each to their own though of course. Most people I have mentioned the XSR to think its ugly, so there you go :)

The XSR is supposed to have slightly better suspension and fueling then the MT-09 - or so I have been led to believe on various youtube/online reviews etc.

Back
Top Bottom