VW Key Fob

Permabanned
Hi all,

I have been trying to get through to the 2 local VW dealers but have been unable to so far, so here I am.

G/fs got a mk4 golf with those keys that come inside black plastic boxes and flip out, like these:

http://r32argent.ca/Parts & Accessories_files/key fob/keyfob-02.jpg

Having a problem with one of them. If you press any of the buttons on it the small LED just lights up and stays on for 10-15 seconds but doesn't send a signal to the car. Is it just a flat battery or something else? Can I change the battery myself or is it a case of having to pay VW silly money for them to do it?

Also, I went out the other morning to top up the washer fluid, 5am and I use the key on the dodgy unit to unlock the car. Opened the bonnet and the alarm went off. Any way to make sure the alarm stays off when only using the key?

Caporegime
Depends on which VW you have as to which alarm system it has, i think if i lock mine with the key (not that i ever do) i have yo double lock it to turn the alarm on, however if i use the Fob i have to press a button on the drivers side to turn the internal sensors off.

The key comes apart by pulling both ends of it, first try changing the battery yourself, will only cost £3 and its easy to do.

Back
Top Bottom