W/C Case Choice - Help Needed!

Soldato
P180 due to its paneling is a bit harder to mod a rad into, should not really be considered unless you know what your getting yourself in for.

Lian Li G70 is the current ultimate water cooling case, the Eclipse would be choice 2, then the Aurora.

With watercooling, the airflow in the case is not important at all, you are afterall doing all the cooling with the water! I would say your going to get the Aurora, if you don't like the Eclipse don't buy it, your the person who has to use the case day in day out. If you don't like it, buy the one you like.

Both are good cases, the one you like the most will be the one you are most happy with when it all comes down to it.

Associate
OP
I think its going to be the Aurora. Super easy install of a 120.2 rad is *really* swinging it for me, with plenty of elbow room to work other bits and peices into the case as well.

Just wondering

1) How to convince the missus to part with the necessary cash.
2) How to convince the missus that modding a brand new case is necessary.
3) That my old Thermaltake case is in some way faulty and thus requires replacement.

:D

Any idea's ? :)

Soldato
Thermaltake cases have a really high resale value at the moment, you don't like it and now is the best time to sell it. They will never have a high resale value, but hey, it may work!

You need the case to cut electricity bills, and by modding it cut them further.

A watercooling pump and low voltage fans uses less electricity than an air cooling setup, and usually thats true. :p

Associate
Yewen said:
With watercooling, the airflow in the case is not important at all, you are afterall doing all the cooling with the water! I would say your going to get the Aurora, if you don't like the Eclipse don't buy it, your the person who has to use the case day in day out. If you don't like it, buy the one you like.

No entirely true. A lot of motherboard components rely on general case circulation for cooling, especially passive chipset heatsinks and RAM. Low case airflow often helps add stability to an overclock.

Soldato
Oh yes to an overclock, but you don't need THAT much airflow, my v1000+ and the rigs that have been run in them prove that really.

If your planning on high overclocks you would not get a purely passive motherboard anyway.

Back
Top Bottom