Want to get Oculous Rift, but i dont have enough space..

Underboss
OP
Another recommendation for the Quest, I had a rift s but kept getting tracking issues so I returned it. As soon as link became available I bought a quest. Link works great and is still in beta but the convenience of just putting on the Quest and playing and not having a wire means I'm using it as a standalone far more than I thought I would. The Quest is also really great for watching films and YouTube.

whats the films like in VR ?

Soldato
Imax size screen, works great for 3d movies too, best done when lying in bed (imho):)

450 hrs in Cmoar Cinema, I do a lot of it. Unlike the Vive where the screen door was a visual distraction, the Index want's for nothing.

Associate
whats the films like in VR ?

It's really good, obviously not as sharp as watching a TV but it's nice having access to a huge cinema screen and way more convenient than having to switch on the pc. With the Quest you just put it on and can be watching a film in a few seconds.

Soldato
I use the Quest with glasses and once the included insert is in I find it fine. Not tried a Rift S.

I still cant manage to get the Link to work but I'm not too worried as I use Virtual Desktop to stream Steam VR and Oculus games as using it suddenly opens you up to the whole Steam VR game catalogue. I also love that I can see my PC desktop with the headset on. Checking your emails looking at your PC with the headset on is a bit weird. Plus it gives you home cinema and theatre views to watch movies in. I find the speed of it quite good too and it means I can play non Quest games without a cable ! Only problem you have is it doesnt use Quest's boundary system so last night I was playing a game and I punched the wall which hurt a lot.

There are other apps that you can use to Stream but not tried them as Virtual Desktop works fine for me.

Back
Top Bottom