Want to start a forum

I didn't really mean comment it command for command more general than that, just some indcication of what each section refers to really like 12 commands might be colours , 8 of them text etc. trying to reference each of them commands or starting from scratch is a massive job, would prefer to maybe Hax that script up instead if I understood it better, or maybe reduce it to it's basics and work from there.

Hey there, I'd recommend SMF for a D&D forum. I have a spare forum set up including a dice roller. If you want to take a look at it drop me a mail in trust and I'll drop you the details. :)

Edit: It also makes use of multiple accounts per user so that a member can have a master a/c and sub a/cs for different chars.

Last edited:
I did this (and have done many) but years ago. I went:

Bought domain £4.99
Bought Webspace with database hosting £15/year
Download trial vBulletin
Create database on webhost taking note of name, login details and passwords
Upload vbulletin files as per instructions
Run through vbulletin installation

//Locally
Installed WAMP (or XAMP or LAMP)
Repeat above process for vbulletin installation

Naturally through this process, you'll learn MySQL, PHP and HTML / CSS

Cheers folks.

Think I'm just going to use this Zeta board as a 'immediate' solution to the problem, but when I find some time setup something more versatiale, to do some development testing on , then migrate the board over.

Cheers for all the help and advice folks.

I have just set up my own Forum as a place for help and support for my Rugby League App.

I used phpbb, a free webhost and my own domain. If/When the forum gets more traffic I would have to change the free webhost to a paid one i think.

If you want a nosy there is a link below my sig.

I have just set up my own Forum as a place for help and support for my Rugby League App.

I used phpbb, a free webhost and my own domain. If/When the forum gets more traffic I would have to change the free webhost to a paid one i think.

If you want a nosy there is a link below my sig.

Same here, I'm using 000webhost, and phpBB, and then just got my free .co.uk domain from Yola.com (thy have some sort of deal through a Welsh governement and google to get welsh business online so offer free .co.uk domans, but they allow it accross the whole of the UK... i think anyway).

Back
Top Bottom