Want your own personal windows install usb?

Soldato
OP
I get what you mean, but it's exactly the same. You can completely build an image with everything you want on it, air gapped even, with trusted installers and drivers, then sysprep away to remove the user scope. You then have a complete white glove (industry term) build, with all the apps and drivers on, untouched by the internet, untouched by users, image.
Good to know
Never having used sysprep
I can't say which way would be easier
Or have advantages over the other
I was just pleased my way works
And seems to do everything I need it to

tnx

tnx

Associate
Just been messing about with my Asus Sabertooth Z77 board and making a bootable USB formatted to NTFS with running, bootsect /nt60 f:..

It did not work. It only booted when formatted to fat32 and this was with Windows 7 and Windows 10.

Now I have to go back and check my earlier results on the board I was using.

I know this is off topic of your first post and making a custom image but If I have it wrong and it was never UEFI bootable I will just feel silly. Not for the first time..

tnx

tnx

Associate
Phew..

I wasn't been silly. I just tested my Asus Z170 Pro Gamer with installing Windows 7 and windows 10 off USB's which were formatted using Diskpart + bootsect /nt60.
The BIOS\UEFI was set to Secure Boot with Keys loaded and enabled with OS Type set to Windows UEFI mode.

Both OS's installed perfectly.

Really this shows my Sabertooth Z77 is showing it's age.

Anybody want to buy it ? LOL.

Back
Top Bottom